Foster & Motley is looking for talented individuals to join our team for the following positions:
About Foster & Motley
Foster & Motley is an independent, employee owned, fee-only wealth management firm providing clients with comprehensive financial planning and investment management. We currently manage over $2 Billion in client assets and have over 40 dedicated employees. In 2021, for the fourth year in a row, Foster & Motley was named as a finalist for the Business Courier’s Best Places to Work. We are proud to say that in 2020, we were a winner in the 25-49 employees category. The culture of the firm promotes collaboration, professional growth, and a commitment to providing exceptional client service.
What We Offer
- Challenging work environment where you can make a difference in the lives of our clients
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Annual profitability/performance bonus
- Safe Harbor 401(k) plan with discretionary profit sharing
- Medical, Short-Term/Long-Term Disability and Group Life insurance
- Paid holidays, vacation and paid parental leave
- Opportunities for professional growth and continuing education
- Opportunity for a hybrid schedule of in-office and remote work after a 90-day onboarding period
Tax Administrative Specialist
Foster & Motley, Inc. is seeking a Tax Administration Specialist to join our tax team. This is a full-time position located in Cincinnati, Ohio. This position assists and supports the tax team throughout the full life cycle of the tax return preparation process, assisting with onboarding new tax clients and mass communications, and other administrative needs, while exercising a high degree of confidentiality and initiative. This role will primarily focus on internal tax related operational tasks with the possibility of assisting in the preparation of tax returns based on need and capability. The position provides opportunity for advancement to other roles within the tax team.
- Tax Return Process Administration - The ideal candidate would be involved in the full life cycle of the tax return preparation process: gathering information, scanning, document review, tax return delivery, and e-filing. The role involves communication with clients as well as internal team members
- Facilitate onboarding new tax clients and mass client communications
- Support the tax team and clients with tax-related technology such as SafeSend Returns, PreciseFP, Salesforce, and Axcess Tax (prior knowledge of specific systems not required)
- Download, organize & prepare tax documents to be uploaded into tax software
- Manage processing, delivery and electronic filing of tax returns
- Assist with extensions, including tracking and filing extensions both electronically and via paper
- Assist in the billing process including invoice generation tracking, follow-up on outstanding billings, and coordination with our internal operations team.
- Help the tax director & manager with tax related projects as they arise
- Maintain a “client-first” service mentality
- Experience in tax practice administration, preferred
- Familiarity with tax documents and concepts, preferred
- High level of comfort with technology
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Team player, able to work well with all levels of the firm and with clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Overtime may be required during tax season with potential for flexible time the rest of the year
If interested, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. All inquiries will be held in the strictest confidence.