For Beth, portfolio management is the perfect career, blending personal connection with clients with the technical aspects of crafting a portfolio uniquely suited to their individual goals. Her role as a shareholder in the firm gives Beth plenty of opportunities to display the entrepreneurial spirit and compassionate interaction that was instilled in her by her family and upbringing in her native Greenville, Ohio.
Beth is a graduate of the University of Dayton, and started her career working for a national brokerage firm. Since that early start, she has spent most of her career working for local registered investment advisors, embracing the fee-only service model that has been the hallmark of Foster & Motley’s offerings since its founding.
Beth joined the firm in 2003, becoming a shareholder in 2006. She has served as the firm’s Chief Compliance Officer, Head of the Investment Management team, and now as she continues her role as Investment Manager she is also involved in the upper management team of F&M. From the beginning Beth was impressed and challenged by her Foster & Motely colleagues, which is one key reason that she feels like she is still learning and growing every day through her work.
Never one to shy away from a challenge, Beth is the proud finisher of over a dozen marathons.
- Graduate of the University of Dayton with a Bachelor of Science degree in Finance, 1984
- Earned CFA® designation in 1995
- Member and past president of the CFA® Society of Cincinnati
- Past president of Cancer Family Care (a United Way Agency)
- Has been quoted in the Wall Street Transcript, Cincinnati Enquirer, Cincinnati Magazine, Greater Cincinnati Business Review and has appeared as a guest on WVXU’s “On The Money”