Ryan is a native of Cincinnati. He
completed an accelerated BA/MBA program at Rollins College. He graduated in 2003 with a Bachelors in
Economics and in 2004 an MBA with concentrations in Finance and
Accounting. Following graduation, Ryan
joined Fifth Third Bank.
Ryan started his career in the trading department of Fifth Third, spending
five years there. As an Equity Trader,
he was responsible for executing trades across the bank’s equity strategies and
covered call writing option strategy. In
2009, he became an Equity Research Analyst and Portfolio Manager for the bank’s
internal equity strategy. He covered the
Information Technology, Healthcare, Materials, and Utilities sectors. In early 2013, he was promoted to the
portfolio management team in the Private Bank where he was responsible for
providing investment counsel to high net worth clients. He ended his tenure at Fifth Third Bank
managing over $400 million in client assets as a Senior Portfolio Manager.
In 2016, Ryan joined Foster & Motley as a Portfolio Manager and works
with clients to protect and grow their wealth.
Ryan is a member of the CFA Institute and was awarded the Chartered
Financial Analyst (CFA®) designation in 2008.
He became a licensed Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in 2014 and is a
member of the AICPA. In 2015, he earned
the Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) designation.
Ryan has been involved in the community through United Way and is currently involved with the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network (PanCAN). He participated in United Way’s Emerging Leader program, promoting the importance of early childhood education. He has also taught financial literacy to elementary school students in the Cincinnati area. More recently Ryan and his family led a team of 25 people to participate in the 2018 PurpleStride walk, which raises money and awareness for PanCAN. Their team raised over $14,000 for this organization that is doing work that hits close to home for Ryan’s family.
Ryan resides in Hyde Park with his wife, Leah, daughter, Elle, and son, JR. Leah works in the insurance technology industry. Outside of work, Ryan enjoys spending time with his family, playing platform tennis, and golfing.
- Graduated in 2003 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Economics and in 2004 an Masters of Business Administration (MBA) with concentrations in Finance and Accounting from the accelerated program at Rollins College
- Earned Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA®) designation in 2008
- Obtained the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation in 2014
- Member of AICPA
- Earned CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM (CFP®) designation in 2015
- Has been quoted in the Cincinnati Business Courier and appeared on WVXU Radio’s “Cincinnati Edition”
- Investment Committee Member, Cincinnati Parks Foundation