Rachel Rasmussen might have grown up in Loveland, Ohio and graduated from Miami University in 2009, but both geographically and experientially, her career and life has already taken a number of twists and brought many challenges, all of which have given her experience and skills she is now using at Foster & Motley.
There is an enthusiasm that comes out in Rachel’s voice when she talks about her work, the people she gets to interact with every day, whether clients or coworkers, and especially when she shares about her growing family. It’s not hard to imagine that this enthusiasm is partially what catapulted Rachel to the top of her class at Seton Hall University when she obtained her MBA degree in Finance in 2013. During that time, she also had the opportunity to intern in the Wealth Management department at Merrill Lynch. Before joining Foster & Motley, Rachel was with Covington & Associates of Westfield, New Jersey, an independent registered investment advisor, as an investment analyst supporting portfolio managers in securities selections and investment research. Rachel earned the Chartered Financial Analyst® designation in 2017.
Rachel knows that there are often difficult conversations that need to be broached when investing for the future, but her can-do spirit readily navigates many of those moments. She loves working alongside clients who are just as motivated as she is to make the most of their growing dreams and legacies.
Rachel is so happy to be surrounded by family in Cincinnati and feels like she’s found a perfect fit at Foster & Motley. That doesn’t mean she doesn’t dream of or plan for extensive travel in the future, maybe back to Grenada or England, having lived in both places for a year. Rachel and her husband Brian live in the Kings Mills community in Cincinnati and are parents to their daughter Leila and son Owen. With the same enthusiasm that has colored her career and life up to this point, Rachel is looking forward to what the future brings for her family and work.
- Earned Chartered Financial Analyst® in 2017
- Earned Certified Divorce Financial Analyst® in 2021
- Graduate of Seton Hall University with a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree in Finance with honors, 2013
- Graduate of Miami University in Oxford Ohio with a Bachelor of Art degree magna cum laude in international studies and French and a minor in organizational behavior management, 2009
- Chair, Talbert House Foundation Board
- Community Investment Review Committee & Finance Committee, Impact 100
- Alumni Member, C-Change, Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber, Class 14
- Member, Cincinnati CFA® Society
- Board Member, Cincinnati Estate Planning Council
- Voted Best Finance Advisor, Best in Chic presented by Chic Guide Cincinnati, 2020 and 2021*
*Winners for Best in Chic were determined through a nomination and voting process then voted upon by the Chic, Cincy and Social audience, peers, clients, and the public. This award should not be construed as a guarantee of investment performance or as an endorsement of Foster & Motley or its representatives. Foster & Motley nor the winner paid any fees to be nominated.