Zach Horn knows that a plan communicated in a language people can understand, no matter how complex it might actually be, is possible in every situation and serves everyone involved in the best way possible. Zach has built many client relationships that are more like friendships and go beyond the normal aspects of planning and management. And that’s just the way he wants it.
Zach has a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in Finance from Ohio University and an MBA degree in Finance from Xavier University. Before joining Foster & Motley, Zach worked for Ameriprise Financial, Inc. as a financial advisor in Columbus, Ohio. He joined the firm in 2007 as the Securities Trader and a member of the investment team. Zach obtained the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM (CFP®) and Chartered Mutual Fund Counselor (CMFC®) designations in 2012. He is now an Investment Manager and shareholder.
In addition to his duties as an Investment Manager, Zach is also the Managing Partner and President of the Board. In this role, Zach focuses on the long-term vision of Foster & Motley and how the day-to-day operations support that vision. His communication skills and initiative help keep our team focused, open-minded to change, and collaborative.
Zach lives with his family in Mason, Ohio. He enjoys sports of all kinds, but especially coaching his sons in baseball and basketball. In 2020, Zach was included in Cincinnati Business Courier’s Forty Under 40 class which recognizes the next generation of leaders and innovators in Greater Cincinnati. He recently joined the board of directors for the Ohio Valley Goodwill. Zach was impressed with the scale of the organization and their mission of helping those with disabilities and other challenges gain employment in the community and wanted to be part of their success.
- Graduate of Ohio University with a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in Finance, 2005
- Graduate of Xavier University with a MBA degree in Finance, 2013
- Earned CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM (CFP®) designation in 2012
- Obtained Chartered Mutual Fund Counselor (CMFC®) designation in 2012
- Member, Beta Gamma Sigma honors society
- Director, Ohio University Alumni Association Board of Directors
- Board Member, Ohio University College of Business Society of Alumni & Friends
- Director, Ohio Valley Goodwill Board of Directors
- Xavier University Student Mentor
- Member, Mason/Deerfield Rotary